- Which materials can be deep cryogenically treated?
Cryogenic treatment is applicable for metals and non metals, ferrous and non ferrous materials. Most of the materials can be cryogenically treated depending on applications where it has been used.
- What is the difference between Sub-zero Treatment & Deep Cryogenic Treatment?
Sub-zero treatment is also called as Shallow Cryogenic Treatment which is performed at-900 degree Celsius whereas Deep Cryogenic Treatment is performed at-1960 Celsius. Deep Cryogenic Treatment is superior as compared to Sub-zero treatment when it comes to performance evaluation.
- Can we replace Heat Treatment process with deep cryogenic treatment?
No. Deep Cryogenic Treatment is not a substitute for Heat Treatment process. Deep cryogenic treatment is also called as Secondary Hardening process which has to be performed after Heat Treatment process.
- Is there any change in hardness of the material after Deep Cryogenic Treatment?
In general, No. However there can be increase of 1HRC hardness without any increase in brittleness of the material.
- Is this a coating process?
No. Deep cryogenic Treatment is not a coating process. Deep Cryogenic Treatment refines the microstructure of the material.